Friday, November 21, 2014

Finances Prayer

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus,

Your Word declares that You will neither leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). I believe this to be true in all aspects of life including my financial needs. I pray Lord God that You would give me a financial strategy to live debt free and financially owe no man or woman anything, except to love them (Romans 13:8). I pray that You would lead me to use a strategy that is based on kingdom principles and developed for kingdom purposes.

Father I ask that You help me to correct any financial mistakes that I have made. I repent for being a careless steward of Your finances, and give control of the financial area of my life back to You. I purpose this day to listen to the Holy Spirit concerning what to do with the finances You have given me. Help me Lord to listen to Your voice, so that I may make good financial decisions. Help me to show You that I can be trusted with more finances, and that I will use them to bring glory and honor to You.

Lord re-establish Your covenant of prosperity with me. The scriptures make it clear that spiritual growth and financial growth are in relationship (3 John 1:2). I understand that You desire me to grow spiritually first, so that I don't spend Your money foolishly, while struggling with temptation and falling into sin. Therefore I thank You for Your wisdom, and ask for finances not just to meet my own physical needs, but the needs of others as well.

Give me a generous heart Father, let me give generously to others with a spirit of joy. Help me to sow for the Kingdom of God, looking towards what is to come, instead of focusing on the temporary things of the present. Help me to rely and trust in You when things look bleak; knowing that my God will deliver me from the plans of the enemy!

Lord I declare today that my job is not the source of my finances, You are. I understand that it's not how much I make, but what I do with the seed I receive from my job that directly affects what I reap. Therefore Lord God, let me sow to please the Spirit and not the flesh. Let me sow with a joyful heart knowing that my treasure is in heaven with You (Matthew 6:19-21), where I will have it for eternity.

Help me to keep my eyes on You, and help me to focus more on our relationship than anything else.

In the mighty name of Jesus I pray and declare these things,

Amen.

"Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles (heathen) seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (Matthew 6:31- 34)

And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day." (Deuteronomy 8:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment